Private Collector Accounts
This service is designed for collectors of all interest levels, from the casual to the serious. To accommodate everyone fairly, fees are calculated on a transaction basis.
- A private collector can search for an individual item (for example, by issue or card number), or browse the various categories. Upon finding an item of interest, the collector may be put in touch with the source to place an order or obtain further information at no cost.
- Each private collector may submit Wanted Posters (Wanted-to-Buy advertising), which get the immediate attention of dealers all over the world.
- A private collector may advertise his or her inventory on the service for a nominal fee (see below). The data may be transmitted electronically or submitted on disk or in printed form.
- As a collector listing items for sale, you will be included in our Mug Shots directory, which is displayed when any of your items is selected by a potential buyer. The entry may include your name and address, business card, photos, telephone and fax numbers, or any other information you choose to submit. Links are provided to your E-Mail address and Website, if applicable.
- Charges are assessed only for successful searches. The fee is twenty-five cents ($.25) per item found, with a one dollar ($1.00) maximum per search. To avoid being billed for the same results more than once, the search may be limited to items added or updated after a specified date.
- A private collector may advertise his or her inventory at the cost of ten cents ($.10) per item.
Return to The Collective Detective home page.